Blackboard Recruitment Drive 2021 | Freshers | Associate Software Engineer | BE/ B.Tech/ ME/ M.Tech/ B.Sc/ M.Sc-Computers; BCA/ MCA | 2018-2020 Batch | Chennai
Blackboard is a leading EdTech company serving higher education, K-12, business and government clients around the world. We connect a deep understanding of education with the power of technology to continuously push the boundaries of learning.
We are proud supporters of the Standards First Pledge. As part of a community that is committed to make open standards the first and primary choice for education technology integrations, we are advocates for standards based integrations. We believe that achieving and promoting official product certification to open standards enables a better EdTech ecosystem and community and believe in fair and open business practices for suppliers. This is a cause we are passionate about and have taken the Standards First pledge to confirm our support.
Company Website: https://www.blackboard.com/
Job Location: Chennai
Salary : Best in Industry
Employment Type:– Full Time , Permanent
Role: Associate Software Engineer
Eligibility Criteria for Blackboard Recruitment Drive 2021:
- Bachelor’s/master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant degree
- 0-2+ years of experience
We’re looking for an Associate Software Engineer (Android) to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world’s leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
This role will have primary accountability for design, development, and support of Android Mobile applications. As Associate Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and building Android Mobile applications. Your primary responsibility will be to design, develop, and write unit testcases for the Android Mobile applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality is essential.
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with other team members to understand requirement and functionality of the system
- Collaborating closely with the Product Owner, QA team, SDK team and Backend team to govern intake and scheduling of projects and delivery of solutions
- Contributing to all phases of the Mobile App development lifecycle
- Translating application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable Android code
- Ensuring the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identifying bottlenecks and bugs and devising solutions to these problems
- Helping maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- 0-2+ years of experience in the full life cycle of Android application development
- Knowledge of core Java & Kotlin
- Good understanding of RESTful web services, remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Good knowledge of Android SDK’s & Material Design
- Hands-on experience with Android studio, Eclipse & Gradle build system
- Knowledge of at least one of the development tools like Git, Gradle, Maven, Sonar, Artifactory, etc.
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles, coding design pattern (MVP, MVVM) and interface guidelines
- Agile project experience along with working on Agile tools like JIRA/Confluence
- Good problem-solving skills
Skills and Requirements:
- Good interpersonal skills and time management skills
- GitHub and Continuous integration using Jenkins
How to Apply for Blackboard Recruitment Drive 2021?
Desirous candidates may apply to the posts of Associate Software Engineer through online mode. Shortlisted candidates may get the further intimation regarding selection.
Blackboard Recruitment Drive 2021 Apply Link: Click Here